April 10, 2015
Harrisburg, PA – RG Group is being recognized for creating jobs that pay and their economic impact within the commonwealth as part of the third annual Governor’s ImPAct Awards. Awards will be presented at a ceremony at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, PA on May 21, 2015.
Rich Freeh, President and Chief Executive Officer of RG Group, stated, “We are thrilled to see our long-range vision of creating growth opportunities through manufacturing services become a reality. We are extremely proud of Ed Stum, Vice President of Manufacturing Services, and his entire team. Ed’s team had the ability to take a prototype and transform it into a robust and proven product line.”
RG Group was nominated for the Entrepreneur ImPAct Award as a direct result of a design/build project enhancing the design and manufacture of the SteraMist™ BIT™ product line from TOMI™Environmental Solutions, Inc. SteraMist™ BIT™ is a portable fast-acting biological disinfection technology which leaves zero residue or noxious fumes. The SteraMist™ BIT™ system is designed to battle serious contaminants in a wide range of applications from MRSA in operating rooms to Ebola in West Africa.
The Governor’s ImPAct Awards recognizes companies throughout the state in five categories: Community Impact, Entrepreneurial Impact, Export Impact, Jobs That Pay and Small Business Impact. RG Group was nominated for the EntrepreneurImPAct Award.
- Community ImPAct Award – This award is given to a company that exemplifies the tenet of “doing well by doing good.” The winners in this category show a sustained commitment to the growth and development of their employees and the community(ies) in which they do business.
- Entrepreneur ImPAct Award – This award is given to an entrepreneur who has led his or her company to a position of strength in the marketplace by way of growth in one or all of the following areas: creativity, innovation, managerial ability, leadership skills, and turnaround.
- Export ImPAct Award – This award is given to a company that has significantly increased its export sales and the number of new foreign markets to which it sells.
- Jobs That Pay ImPAct Award – This award is given to a company that has demonstrated consistent job growth and retention over the past two years. The company must have had a positive net gain in new jobs during this time period.
- Small Business ImPAct Award – This award is given to a small business that has been an innovator within its industry, demonstrated revenue/profit growth, increased its workforce, and committed to the growth and development of its employees and community. The company must have 100 or fewer employees.
RG Group was nominated for the award by the Partnerships for Regional Economic Performance (PREP) network. Each of the 10 PREP regions submitted up to five nominations per category.
PREP is a statewide network of partners that works to regionalize and coordinate local economic development services to businesses and entrepreneurs. Representatives from the Team Pennsylvania Foundation and Journal Multimedia evaluated the nominations and will select the award recipients. For more information and the full list of nominees, visit newpa.com/gia.